THE LADY WITH A FLOWER IN HER HAIR

I have found an art form that allows me to embrace BOTH sides of my creativity.

On one hand you have mixed media and the other you have fabrics.

I have a degree in Design BA[hons] as well as a Degree in Textile/Surface Design BA[hons].

I remember way way back when l was doing my textile degree course we were allowed out of the class room [all armed with notes saying we could hehehehehe] So off we went to see this exhibition. Now this is where l say sorry but time has passed and names have been forgotten. However while l was at this exhibition way back in 2002 l came across these wall hangings that had be done by this Japanese artist and instead of ink and pen she used a sewing machine to make her marks...

I WAS BLOW AWAY by the creativity as well as the depth of tonal range.. She made a swing machine come alive.

It is only now some XXXXXX years later that l am now embarking on a creative journey that's going to be done armed with my trust sewing machines and some fabrics.

I hope that you like what you see and please feel free to leave me a message about this page or anything you may see in my blog.

Thanks for reading...



Comments

Popular Posts